Saturday, September 20, 2008

Why do I write?

Why do I write? Why do I face rejections? Why do I pursue a dream that seems impossible at times?

Shall I count the reasons?

I write because ...

*I enjoy putting words on paper or a computer screen.

*I enjoy holding a book in my hands and knowing this is my work.

*I enjoy teaching others about writing and encouraging them to write.

*I enjoy working at something that I can take with me wherever I go.

*I enjoy inspiring others who read my work, encouraging them and helping them achieve their goals in life.

*I enjoy entertaining others with my stories and hearing children laugh when they read my words.

*I enjoy meeting other writers at conferences, at book signings, on the Internet and know I'm part of the fellowship of writers.

*I enjoy getting paid for something I love to do even though it's often frustrating work.

*I enjoy knowing I'm pursuing the same type of work as my grandfather who was a columnist and inspirational writer.

*I enjoy the thought that perhaps I'm leaving a legacy with my written words.

Why do you write? Have you ever thought about it?

No comments: